ifconfig_IF_aliasX regression

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:53:27 +0200
Hi,

I update from beta 2 to current (r197613) and noticed that an alias
address was not configured. It seems the issue was that I had
   ifconfig_IF_alias0="1.2.3.4/32"
instead of
   ifconfig_IF_alias0="inet 1.2.3.4/32"

I know the setup should have been the second one from the beginning
(at least the manpage gives something like this as an example), but
the first one worked without problems. The problem is either that it
(silently?) fails, or that it is not documented in UPDATING. Anyone
with their hands there recently with an opinion about it?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
By doing just a little every day, you can
gradually let the task completely overwhelm you.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137