Re: HEADS-UP: WITH_CTF now picked up from src.conf/make.conf/kernel-config

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 11:47:16 +0100 (BST)
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> from r206082 on: $Subject
>
> Make sure to read UPDATING (short: make sure there is no WITH_CTF in
> src.conf or make.conf).

Once any fallout from this has sorted itself out, assuming no serious
objections, and pending appropriate make universe foo, I think a reasonable
plan would be to enable options KDTRACE_HOOKS and WITH_CTF for GENERIC in
mid-April.  While there are known issues with DTrace completeness and
stability, providing automatic access to it on supported architectures would
make it much more accessible, as well as encourage the writing and use of
monitoring and debugging tools that depend on its availability.

If anyone has serious concerns about this idea, drop me an e-mail.

Robert