Re: gpart and sector size

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 15:36:37 +0200
Alexey Tarasov <me_at_lexasoft.ru> writes:
> There is only one possibility to change sector size of physical disk
> (gnop -S 4096 ...).  May be it is possible to add such possibility to
> gpart? e.g. gpart create -S 4096 -t gpt ad0?

I don't quite see how that would work - do you mean gpart should
configure a gnop?  AFAIK there is no "gnop label", so you can't set up a
persistent gnop; you have to set it up manually at boot time every time,
and there's a risk that the fs (or other layers higher up) will taste
the underlying device instead of the gnop.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no