Re: Re: [RFC] Rewriting sade(8)

From: Andrey V. Elsukov <bu7cher_at_yandex.ru>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 23:08:12 +0400
09.04.10, 11:20, "Garrett Cooper" <yanefbsd_at_gmail.com>:
>  Ok. Or maybe since `we're here' sade needs to be populating
>  $DESTDIR/etc/fstab, not sysinstall ?

I'm also looking for answer to this question. It seems that all basic operations
with partitions are already implemented. And I think about next steps.

Also I think I should make a dialog for writing bootcode. And there are a bunch of
different bootstrap code which can be used with different schemes. So if anyone
can share own experience I'll be grateful.

MBR:
/boot/mbr - standart boot record (is it needed? Is it not the same which gpart creates?).
/boot/boot0 - boot0 boot manager.
/boot/boot0sio - boot0 boot manager with redirected output ot com1.

GPT:
/boot/pmbr - protective mbr
/boot/gptboot - bootstrap code for booting from GPT, should be installed to freebsd-boot
partition.
/boot/gptzfsboot - bootstrap code for booting from GPT and ZFS, should be installed to
freebsd-boot partition.

/boot/zfsboot - bootstrap code for booting from ZFS from MBR, it seems this bootcode doesn't have
a correct way (e.g `gpart bootcode ...`) to be writed.

What about VTOC8, PC98, APM?

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov