Re: ports and PBIs

From: Adam Vande More <amvandemore_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 22:11:47 -0500
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org> wrote:

> Alfred Perlstein , Matt at ix systems Kris (Mr PBI), some
> others and I, felt that these ideas seemed to make some sense
> and so I put them here for comment.

FWIW, when I see these discussions I'm always left wondering what's the bad
part?  I do think there are problems, but there doesn't seem to be a clear
defined set of what is wrong.   IMO, there should be a defined set of goals
to judge possible implementations against.

In manys ways, simply having a "Lastest" package archive for RELEASE that is
rebuilt say weekly which would resolve most of the problems I run into and
address some the non-power users desires as well.  Anyways, I'm sure this
will be an entertaining thread.

--
Adam Vande More