Re: Does "makeoptions WITH_CTF=yes" actually work?

From: Alexander Leidinger <netchild_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 10:58:19 +0200
Quoting Navdeep Parhar <nparhar_at_gmail.com> (from Wed, 14 Apr 2010
01:33:29 -0700):

> I read the UPDATING entry that accompanied r206082 and added WITH_CTF=yes to
> my kernel config, hoping to get CTF information in the kernel and all
> modules.  No luck.
> It appears that NO_CTF remains set to 1 inspite of the undef NO_CTF in
> various .mk files
> and ctfconvert never runs.

This is the output I get in my kernel build directory:
---snip---
# make -V NO_CTF -V WITH_CTF

yes
---snip---

> I built the kernel with a "make -j16 buildkernel" in /usr/src.

How do you determine if ctfconvert is run or not? If you expect to see
ctfconvert lines in the build output: this will not be the case, no
matter if you enable it or not. With the current way of handling it,
I'm not aware of a way how to print the command when ctfconvert is
really executed (we can maybe add an echo which prints out something,
but the question is if this is worth the effort).

You can run objdump -f <objectfile> and have a look if the .SUNW_ctf
section is there to determine if CTF stuff was inserted or not.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7