Re: Does "makeoptions WITH_CTF=yes" actually work?

From: Navdeep Parhar <nparhar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:35:40 -0700
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 01:23:42PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Navdeep Parhar <nparhar_at_gmail.com> (from Wed, 14 Apr 2010
> 02:31:30 -0700):
>
> >On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 1:58 AM, Alexander Leidinger
> ><netchild_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> >>Quoting Navdeep Parhar <nparhar_at_gmail.com> (from Wed, 14 Apr 2010 01:33:29
> >>-0700):

> >>This is the output I get in my kernel build directory:
> >>---snip---
> >># make -V NO_CTF -V WITH_CTF
> >>
> >>yes
> >
> >Can you also try a "makeoptions WITH_CTF=yes" in your KERNCONF
>
> The above one is with WITH_CTF in my kernel config, but this was
> generated manually with cd /sys/i386/conf; config CONF; cd
> ../compile/CONF; make -V...
>
> >and see if the results are as expected?  How was r206082 tested?  I'm
> >trying to figure out the differences, if any, between your build setup and
> >mine.
>
> I made a buildworld with and without WITH_CTF in src.conf to confirm
> that it works (no installkernel, as the world is known to be not
> useable with CTF), and I did a lot of tests by hand as above
> (config;make).

Have you or anyone else ever used buildkernel successfully with
"makeoptions WITH_CTF=yes" in the conf file?  Something as simple as
this does not work for me:

- pristine sources in /usr/src, empty /usr/obj, no /etc/make.conf, no
  /etc/src.conf
- add "makeoptions WITH_CTF=yes" in sys/amd64/conf/GENERIC
- make buildkernel in /usr/src

The result is a kernel without CTF information.  The log is at
http://www.freebsd.org/~np/WITH_CTF.log

Regards,
Navdeep