Re: FreeBSD kernel doesn't boot on FUJITSU PRIMERGY RX200 S5 server

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:04:25 -0400
On Tuesday 20 April 2010 7:35:46 pm Matthew Jacob wrote:

> >> No, that have not helped at all. I measured the delay - it's about 6
> >> minutes from boot command to the first "smap" message. Do you or
> >> anybody else have other ideas?
> >
> > Actually it helped, thank you very much! The problem was that I have
> > had my hints compiled into the kernel itself.
>
> Me too!

I can't reproduce this currently, but it would be good to debug this further.
My suggestions on how to do this would be to create an array of uint64_t and
save TSC values (rdtsc()) into it at specific points in the atkbd/syscons
console init.  You can then print out the deltas between array entries once
the console is fully initialized.  Moving the rdtsc() calls around should
allow one to determine where in the atkbd/syscons init the long pause is
happening.

--
John Baldwin