Re: Switchover to CAM ATA?

From: Alex Dupre <ale_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:54:15 +0200
Freddie Cash ha scritto:
>> So what is the public opinion: Is the lack of ataraid(4) fatal or we can
>> live without it?

Lack of ataraid means no more arX devices, right? I'd say it's not fatal
for HEAD, but it is for a -STABLE branch.

> ataraid(4) has served it's
> purpose, tiding us over until GEOM RAID facilities were in place.  Now it's
> time for it to be retired.

It doesn't seem to me that sysinstall supports gmirror or gstripe, so
even if they could be better, currently I think many users still use
ataraid for simple installations with mirrored disks.

--
Alex Dupre