Re: Switchover to CAM ATA?

From: Szilveszter Adam <sziszi_at_bsd.hu>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 06:48:09 +0200
Dear Alexander, dear collegaues,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 06:31:37PM +0300, Alexander Motin wrote:
> Can we do switchover now, or some more reasons preventing this?

I have been using ATA_CAM with legacy support for ata(4) for some time,
and have found it to be stable and very useable. I have even removed
atapicam from the kernel, since it is no longer needed, I have the
/dev/cd0 device also without. So, in my opinion it is ready for
prime-time also on legacy hw.

There is one interesting tidbit though: previously it used to be
possible to run cdda2wav also as non-root, provided the user running it
had read access to the /dev/cd0 device. This seems to no longer work.

Has anybody else noticed this?

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM