Re: Switchover to CAM ATA?

From: Paul Wootton <paul_at_fletchermoorland.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 08:41:07 +0000
Alexander Motin wrote:

> Can we do switchover now, or some more reasons preventing this?

The only thing I miss about the old ATA layer was that I knew that a
drive on a particular controller would always be assigned the same adX
number, whether is was present at boot time, or added days later. This
could get a little messy having ad2, ad4, ad12, ad20 and ad22, but at
least if I added a new drive, it would always attach to say ad8.

Can this be done on the new CAM ATA?

Paul