Re: WITHOUT_CLANG=yes fix

From: Dimitry Andric <dimitry_at_andric.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 22:11:33 +0200
On 2010-08-03 12:08, Tijl Coosemans wrote:
> How about introducing a MK_CLANG_BOOTSTRAP that defaults to "yes" on
> all platforms so you don't have the cross building problem. Setting
> WITHOUT_CLANG would force it to "no".

Well, in some local patches I already have a WITH_CLANG_BOOTSTRAP
setting, but it means "bootstrap the whole buildworld (and buildkernel)
with clang".  And it still builds tblgen regardless of MK_CLANG or
MK_CLANG_BOOTSTRAP. :)

I guess some solution needs to be found first for the cross-building
issues that Warner pointed out.  If those are solved, it should be easy
enough to disable building of tblgen and other tools that are not needed
for the cross-tools stage, and/or for the subsequent buildworld.