Call for review: crunchide MIPS support from NetBSD

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 17:32:24 +0800
Hi everyone,

I've ported over the NetBSD crunchide elf32 code which modifies the
way symbols are hidden. This allows it to generate crunched binaries
for MIPS.

The diff is available at -
http://people.freebsd.org/~adrian/crunchide-mips32-fix-from-netbsd.diff

I've ported it to use the ELF byteorder macros present in our tree.
This allows it to build both native and cross-compiled MIPS crunched
binaries. I've tested building a static and dynamic "rescue".

I'd like to get some wider scale testing of this before I chase down
getting it committed. The same code path is used for i386/amd64
crunched binaries and thus committing this may break building
sysinstall and rescue on those platforms.

Thanks,

Adrian