Re: Interpreted language(s) in the base

From: Matthew D. Fuller <fullermd_at_over-yonder.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 01:52:33 -0500
On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 11:15:55PM -0700 I heard the voice of
Doug Barton, and lo! it spake thus:

> However, a bigger reason was that it was impossible to marry our
> concept of a "stable" branch with the ever-evolving world that was
> perl.

This one at least is conceptually pretty easy to solve.  We don't have
any worries about how old or new the version of expat in base is;
since it's not called libexpat, nothing but the stuff in base written
specifically against it has to worry about it getting old, and
upgrading it requires only checking against those things in base.  So
we could go right ahead and import perl, just renamed to 'bsdscript'
8-}

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd_at_over-yonder.net