Re: Interpreted language(s) in the base

From: Michael Reifenberger <mike_at_reifenberger.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:04:20 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> PS: The sickening irony is that today we have two embedded languages,
> one in the kernel even, and it is the most crappy ones you can
> imagine: Forth and ACPI.

Besides the syntax FORTH ist the only embeddable high level language
which has both intepreter and compiler built in.
It has a small form factor too.

One alternative could be something like WABA (http://waba.sourceforge.net/).
Besides the wrong license it would mean to have pre-compiled byte code on the
FS and no chance to recompile on the fly...

Or ECMAScript as a pure interpreted language.

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger
Michael_at_Reifenberger.com