Re: Interpreted language(s) in the base

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:48:35 +0000
> zsh     less POSIX-compliant, oddly deviant from "standard"
>        bourne-derived shells which makes graybeards break out in hives
>        also, see ruby under user community

ZSH has a POSIX-compliant interface through emulate -L sh or by naming
(linking) zsh binary sh.

even if the man page says that the posix compliance isn't complete
from my own tests it is at least as compliant as bash.
For example I'm able to run portmaster using zsh instead of sh.

(by the way it is a lot faster using zsh :) but that is another storry)

--
Bapt