Re: Building world with clang

From: Dimitry Andric <dimitry_at_andric.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 15:47:12 +0200
On 2010-08-17 15:03, Daniel Nebdal wrote:
>>> However, a disadvantage is that the built-in search paths of the
>>> bootstrap compiler are not entirely disabled by using the -isysroot, -B
>>> and -L flags,
> For clarification, did you (Dimitry, that is) mean
> a) The paths are still there so they could resurface if some Makefile
> doesn't specify those flags , or
> b) they sometimes come into play even when using the appropriate flags?

Any sub-makefiles would not have to specify those flags explicitly,
since they were added to ${CC} and ${CXX}.

But what I meant is that even if you specify those flags, the compiler
still searches for headers and libraries in the base system.  So if some
header is removed from /usr/src, for example, but is still available in
/usr/include, it can be erroneously picked up during buildworld.