Re: Building world with clang

From: Dimitry Andric <dimitry_at_andric.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 17:10:07 +0200
On 2010-08-17 16:28, Daniel Nebdal wrote:
> Mmh, I just read through the in-detail description you gave in another
> mail. It's a bit surprising that there isn't a simple and reliable way
> to disable/replace all hardcoded paths, but I guess it doesn't come up
> that often.

Well, except when you want to bootstrap something. :)  I guess this
whole issue is just not as applicable to Linux, where gcc's main
development takes place.

> As a third possibility, hacking a real -drop-all-builtin-paths flag
> into the local copies of both compilers could work

The idea of method 1) is that you do not modify the compiler at all,
making it potentially easier to hook in any new compilers, provided they
are option-compatible with gcc.