Re: ZFS will gone,FreeBSD will import btrfs?

From: Oliver Brandmueller <ob_at_e-Gitt.NET>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 14:54:48 +0200
Hi,

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 09:47:00AM -0700, Xin LI wrote:
> It's not "gone" since Oracle can not withdraw code that is already
> licensed under CDDL.  They _may_ choose not to release anything new but
> we already have a newer zfs version that have basic functionality usable
> in p4.

So all we need to direct some of the money we already spend for
supporting developers and certain developments to core ZFS developers no
longer employed by Sun/Oracle and that way make FreeBSD the primary ZFS
development platform for the future. If you have the key developers, the
community will follow.

Before someone starts argueing... I know, it's not that easy and I don't
have a clue how one would do that. This is most probably more like a
crazy idea than a plan that could actually work :-/

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller          http://sysadm.in/         ob_at_sysadm.in |
|                        Ich bin das Internet. Sowahr ich Gott helfe. |