Re: Removal of ICC (intel compiler) bits from mk

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:35:48 +0200
Quoting Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no> (from Thu, 19 Aug 2010
11:16:23 +0200):

> Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net> writes:
>> If someone would get icc 11.x up and runnig as a port (similar to what
>> we have for outdated icc version in the ports collection), I would
>> have a look if my contact at Intel is still working there in a
>> position which allows him to get a commercial license for us.
>
> Does that really matter?  We're not going to start building releases
> with icc, are we?

It could matter for ports, I do not know if it matters for parts in
src. The commercial license is also the only way that we could get icc
installed on machines in the FreeBSD cluster (if there's interest to
have another compiler *for FreeBSD development* to check the source
against... the warnng and error messages are better that those of gcc,
I do not know how they compare to clang).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
  Fry: I'm not a robot like you. I don't like having disks crammed
  into me... unless they're Oreos, and then only in the mouth.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137