Re: fusefs-kmod broken?

From: Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:09:41 +0200
* Kostik Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I would not object loudly if someone put such checks as proposed
> under INVARIANTS, but also I do not see a real point in having them.
> Might be slightly better to put the checks, again under INVARIANTS,
> in the fo_XXX() wrappers.

Well, the entire point is to put them in finit(), because that way you
as a programmer will get punished as soon as possible, namely when you
implement the new type of file descriptor.

Putting them in the fo_XXX() wrappers makes little sense, because that
will only cause a panic 1 microsecond before it would have crashed on
the null pointer anyway.

--
 Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/