Re: DTrace userland project

From: Andrew Thompson <thompsa_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 11:07:38 +1200
On 1 September 2010 10:21, Rui Paulo <rpaulo_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> The DTrace userland project is near completion and you can start using parts of it right away (only on FreeBSD HEAD right now).
>
> For more information on how to use DTrace with userland, please read:
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/DTrace/userland
>
> This project is being sponsored by the FreeBSD Foundation.

I am getting some odd behavior with your test example. Using your
pid.d with the additional line "tick-1sec { exit(0); }" to limit it to
one second runtime I get the following output

CPU     ID                    FUNCTION:NAME
  1  45220                     _sleep:entry
  1  45220                     _sleep:entry
  0  45220                     _sleep:entry

With 54932 lines of output for the "_sleep:entry". It jumps around on
the reported CPU, if I use cpuset to limit it to just one core then it
does not reduce the 50,000 lines of output but just reports all on a
single CPU.

My kernel was build yesterday, r212042

Andrew