Re: ZFS v28 is ready for wider testing.

From: V. T. Mueller, Continum <v.t.mueller_at_continum.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 01:18:02 +0200
Pawel,

Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> I'd like to give you ZFS v28 for testing. If you are neither brave nor
> mad, you can stop here.
> The patchset is very experimental. It can eat your cookie and hurt your
> teddy bear, so be warned. Don't try it for anything except testing.

Thank you very much - now that there are a couple of major steps
feature-wise we're going to give the experimental version a try.

> This patchset is also a message we, as the FreeBSD project, would like
> to send to our users: Eventhough OpenSolaris is dead, the ZFS file
> system is going to stay in FreeBSD. At this point we have quite a few
> developers involved in ZFS on FreeBSD as well as serveral companies.
> We are also looking forward to work with IllumOS.

Fine. FYI:
http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/ZFS-as-a-Linux-kernel-module-1069056.html

Too bad FreeBSD still lacks Infiniband support. Currently we use ZFS on
FreeBSD and Infiniband on Linux. If Linux supports both, we will (be
forced to) switch.

Cheers,
vt
--
Volker T. Mueller
Continum AG

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Freiburg im Breisgau
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Freiburg, HRB 6866
Vorstand: Rolf Mathis, Volker T. Mueller
Vorsitzender d. Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. Karl-F. Fischbach