Re: Process accounting/timing has broken recently

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 10:43:09 -0800
On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 08:24:27PM +0200, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 06/12/2010 20:01 John Baldwin said the following:
> > Hmm, I wonder if the eventtimer stuff that has gone into HEAD recently could
> > be a factor?  It might change when statclock() is called.
>
> But I think that that code was committed more than 7-10 days ago, which Steve
> mentioned.

The 7-10 days is an estimate.  I upgraded world/kernel on
Saturday.  The previous world/kernel could have been older
than I'm guessing.  It could be upto 4 weeks old because
my laptop tends to lag behind the upgrades to my servers.

I would normally use gprof to measure execution times
for the functions I'm writing, but in some quick
testing last night gprof appears to be broken.  I'm
seeing a larger variation that I would expect in
self-seconds for the accumulated time for execution
of expf.

--
Steve