Re: CFT(2): patch for process shared pthread objects

From: David Xu <davidxu_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 16:03:49 +0800
David Xu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I finally have worked out first patch to make our pthread library
>> support process shared pthread objects:
>>
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~davidxu/pshared/patch1.diff
>>

> Patch is updated:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~davidxu/pshared/patch2.diff
>
> Changes:
> 1) Macro _POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED in unistd.h is changed,
>    now its value is 200112L.
> 2) Version of libgcc is bumped.
> 3) Thread cancellation is fixed in pthread_cond_wait(), this
>    should make csup run again.

I have updated patch again:
http://people.freebsd.org/~davidxu/pshared/patch6.diff

This time, process shared priority-inherit mutex is supported.
Now my machine is running with various threaded applications and
a gnome desktop, I have not found any problem.

I wish the patch can be committed before 9.0 release. :-)

Regards,
David Xu