Re: USB related panic on 8.2-PRERELEASE

From: Nick Hibma <nick_at_van-laarhoven.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 23:48:49 +0100
>> But we will continue the saga about this strange USB modem, if no
>> objections from your side :)
>> Is it possible to apply some quirk or some another workaround which
>> will solve the issue with endless USB_ERR_STALLED reported while it
>> trying to attach its builtin cardreader?
>
> Nick, do you have any hints on this?

It says in the messages log (a view messages ago) that it does not support GET MAX LUN. You can quirk that:

While the device is attached use the following command:

	usbconfig -d ugenX.Y add_quirk UQ_MSC_NO_GETMAXLUN

where ugenX.Y is the ugen device for the device that causes you trouble. usbconfig will add a quirk using the PID/VID/RID for the device it finds at that location.

If that works, let me know, and I will commit the quirk into the quirk table.

Nick