Re: HEADS UP: Atheros AR9285 support

From: Sergey Vinogradov <boogie_at_lazybytes.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:42:07 +0300 (MSK)
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, Rui Paulo wrote:

RP> On 29 Jan 2010, at 11:00, Rui Paulo wrote:
RP>
RP> > Hi,
RP> > I just committed initial support for the Atheros AR9285 wireless chipset found on many netbooks. The driver still has issues but it's stable enough for general use (don't expect good throughput, though).
RP> >
RP> > I'm looking for testers to make sure I didn't break anything else in the Atheros driver.
RP> > If you notice any problems with ath on a recent kernel, please inform me.
RP>
RP> Patch against stable/8:
RP>
RP> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~rpaulo/ar9285_stable_8.diff
RP>
RP> --
RP> Rui Paulo

Hi,
First of all, thank you for spending your time on this, it's a really good
job.
I've ran into some problems with both CURRENT and patched 8-STABLE on the
first try (I have ath0 interface running, it seems to associate with AP,
but it doesn't seem to transmit any frames), however, my overall system
doesn't feel well right now, so I don't think that's a driver's issue.
I'll give it a try on a fresh CURRENT installation soon, report will
follow.

--
wbr,
Boo