Re: CAM verbosity (xpt_release_devq(0): requested 1 > present 0)

From: Alexander Motin <mav_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 01:12:05 +0200
Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2010, at 2:32 PM, Alexander Motin wrote:
>> Whether it is related or not, both issues definitely should be fixed.
>> Could you give me an access to debug that system, or it is in use?
>
> Unfortunately, I can't give you access to this machine.
> Can you elaborate what the code is correcting?

When some error happens, SIM freezes affected device until situation is
revealed and returns error status. After CAM received all error
statuses, it does some error recovery procedure, optionally sending some
additional high-priority commands. After error completely handled, being
device released.

Message that you see means that device was released more times then it
was frozen. As result, it may accidentally release device before then
error really handled. It is not as bad as opposite case, which may lead
to device deadlock, but still far from perfect.

--
Alexander Motin