Re: realtek 8111C-GR freeze with latest 8.0

From: V. T. Mueller, Continum <v.t.mueller_at_continum.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:12:30 +0100
Hello,

Pyun YongHyeon wrote:

[frequent hangs of RTL8111C-GR on Supermicro X7SLN-F mainboards]

> Would you show me more information for the issue? Frequent freeze
> is ambiguous to me. More specific issues like, watchdog timeout, or
> console output generated by re(4) would be better to me. If you
> know how to reliably trigger the issue, also include that
> information.

booting the system in verbose mode didn't show any difference.
Any pointer to info on how one can debug re (4)?

In the meantime we saw that very similar problems have been reported
three months before:
http://www.pubbs.net/freebsd/200909/111629/

What can we do in order to support you finding/fixing the bug?

Best regards
vt

P.S.: The re manpage lists 8111S but not 8111C as supported. Maybe you
need just access to a system in order to adapt the driver? If so - let
me know.

--
Volker T. Mueller
Continum AG

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Freiburg im Breisgau
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Freiburg, HRB 6866
Vorstand: Rolf Mathis, Volker T. Mueller
Vorsitzender d. Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. Karl-F. Fischbach