Re: HEADS UP: <utmp.h> gone. All welcome <utmpx.h>. - ports/sysutils/screen and ports/sysutils/tmux not showing sessions

From: Vincent Poy <vincepoy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 00:21:38 -0800
On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 11:22 PM, Ed Schouten <ed_at_80386.nl> wrote:

> * Vincent Poy <vincepoy_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > It appears that after utmpx.h gone into effect, ports/sysutils/screen and
> > ports/sysutils/tmux are not working correctly after a updated ports tree
> and
> > building/installing the ports.  What basically happens is the screen/tmux
> > sessions which basically use tty's don't show up on the system in w, who,
> > finger.
>
> Which is because tmux doesn't update utmp files anyway.

I only recently learned about tmux and thought it would update utmp just
like screen did as supposedly tmux is like screen with all the
enhancements but ofcourse, it doesn't have that CTRL-B L command to
login/logoff like screen does and I noticed tmux doesn't even have patches
as it's just a Makefile.

Cheers,
Vince
Vincent Poy, Ph.D. - Astrophysics