Re: Kerberized NFSv3 incorrect behavior

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 17:46:23 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, George Mamalakis wrote:

> To tell you the truth, when I recompiled my kernel with:
>
> options         NFSD
> options         KGSSAPI
> device          crypto
>
> to setup an nvsv4 server, nfsd refused to start because mountd was
> segfaulting. I didn't play much with this setup, because I was in a hurry, so
> I commented out NFSD and put back NFSSERVER, to be able to test my server.

Ok, I'll test the above case. It definitely should be fixed.

> Now a last question: Does gssapi/nfs setup work with the automounter
> (bsd/linux nfs-client)?

No idea. The Mac OS X client works ok with the automounter. The main
issue I'm aware of is that, if you are automounting home directories,
then the "kinit" has to happen before any access attempt to the home
dir. occurs during the login sequence. (I've never tried to automount
on either FreeBSD nor Linux.)

Have fun, rick
ps: The nfsv4_at_linux-nfs.org mailing list is a good place to ask, if
     you run into Linux client issues.