Re: Seeing the dreaded "ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable" on 9.0-CURRENT

From: Doug Poland <doug_at_polands.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:36:47 -0600
On 2010-02-16 20:51, Chris wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 9:49 PM, Chris<behrnetworks_at_gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Scot,

If you're following the wiki, then you're using GPT partitions and geom
labels, yes?  Have you, by chance, tried the install with different GPT
partition sizes, indexes, or labels?

The reason I ask is I recently had an 8.0-STABLE box on which I
installed ZFS root on RAIDZ1, then I decided to change my GPT and
re-install.  I could not get it to boot from ZFS until I dd'd *all* the
drives (completely, not just the first few MB), and started the entire
installation from scratch.

--
Regards,
Doug