Re: Seeing the dreaded "ZFS: i/o error - all block copies unavailable" on 9.0-CURRENT

From: Chris <behrnetworks_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:46:17 -0500
Ok, went back to my 8.0-RELEASE memstick image and after playing with
the GPT settings a little and dd'ing all zeros to the disk first, I
get a little farther this time. I'm seeing the following:

-----------------------------
BTX loader 1.00   BTX version is 1.02
Consoles: internal video/keyboard
BIOS drive C: is disk0
BIOS 631kB/1832448kB available memory

FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 1.0
(root_at_, Wed Feb 17 10:27:40 UTC 2010)
/boot/kernel/kernel text=0x8924d8

And that's as far as it gets. Per the handbook, that appears to be
stuck somewhere between boot2 and /boot/loader. To me, it looks like
it's having a problem loading the kernel. As far as my suspicion of
the BIOS not correctly reporting the drives, it looks to me like the
bootloader is seeing them so maybe that can be ruled out. I'm glad to
see it get farther this time but this is still weird.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks,

Chris