Re: panic ia64 r204293

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:33:17 +0000 (GMT)
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Giovanni Trematerra wrote:

>>> Try to boot with GENERIC kernel.
>>
>> I think this is no problem because SMP is already turned on in GENERIC
>> kernel.
>
> yes, my fault, I copied the kernel config file from my other UP box. All is
> well now.

In fact, my fault.  I had a bug in three assertions in the recent netisr.c
revision to add a monitoring sysctl, which essentially triggered only on UP.
I committed a fix to that a bit earlier today.  Please let me know if it
recurs after the fix (r204303).

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge