Re: ums fails to initialise correctly

From: Chris Hedley <freebsd-current_at_chrishedley.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:20:21 +0000 (GMT)
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Chris Hedley wrote:

> I'm having a lot of problems getting the ums (USB mouse) driver to initialise
> the mouse correctly.

I've been wading through the kernel source trying to see if I can find
anything, but nothing's grabbed me yet.

What I'm looking for is something that would explain:

a) why does the keyboard not have the same problem when using the same KVM
switch when it's also a high-speed device?  There are differences in the
ums and ukbd modules (obviously) but I lack the experience to see which
ones may be relevant.

and

b) why does the mouse initialise correctly when physically disconnected
and reconnected, but not when simply switching back and forth with the KVM
or using the usbconfig power_on/power_off/reset command?  I'm assuming
that the physical reconnection calls some additional piece of code that
isn't called by a logical reconnection, though I've little enough idea of
where to even start looking let alone how to fiddle about with it.

Anybody experienced with this area of code have any pointers for me?

Thanks!