Re: Call for Test and Review: bwn(4) - another Broadcom Wireless driver

From: Weongyo Jeong <weongyo.jeong_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 01:52:59 -0800
On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 01:15:35AM +0200, Alex RAY wrote:
> Hi Weongyo,
>
> Can new siba release operate in systems like in this SVG image?
> System example: CPU BCM5836 + Wi-Fi BCM4318

Recent changes of siba(4) by myself doesn't change code flow, layout and
doesn't include enhancements if you're an user of SENTRY5 mips CPU (like
BCM5836)

All I did on recent changes were to put common routines or codes which
could be used for original siba(4).  These codes are only used for
bwn(4) driver currently and don't be merged with original siba(4).  That
means there are two separated codes in current siba(4) so merging two
into one is a TODO.

I have no idea current siba(4) supports a system using on CPU BCM5836 +
Wi-Fi BCM4318 but in theory it should work without problems though I
didn't test.

> And can we compile siba bus code without pci code?

I think it looks that it could be possible to compile without pci code.
But makes sure that your device doesn't have PCI core.

regards,
Weongyo Jeong