Re: [FreeBSD 8/9] USB webcamd and video4bsd: Call for testing [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Wilkinson, Alex <alex.wilkinson_at_dsto.defence.gov.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:46:20 +0800
    0n Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 02:37:37PM +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

    >During the last couple of days I've spent some time to finish my webcam
    >daemon. My webcam daemon is basically an application which consists of
    >userspace Video4Linux USB webcam drivers and some uLinux glue code which links
    >with libc, pthreads and libusb. The webcamd talks to /dev/video_daemonX which
    >is provided by the video4bsd kernel module. There is full support for
    >mmap/read/write/open/close. poll is not supported.

OK, after all the wresting i have it working! Great stuff Hans and Andrew!

 attaches as: kernel: ugen7.2: <vendor 0x046d> at usbus7

And works dam well.

What apps could i expect this to work with in the future ? skype ?

  -Alex

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT 1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.