Re: NLS/strerror efficiency

From: Gabor Kovesdan <gabor_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 20:34:35 +0100
El 2010. 01. 23. 20:18, Hajimu UMEMOTO escribió:
> The gai_strerror(3) has same issue.  How about the attached patch in
> this mail?

I have a fix for msgcat.c to optimalize catalog handling. As I'm not an
src committer, delphij_at_ is helping me in reviewing and approving my
patches. I've sent the attached patch to him today and I'm waiting for
his response now. This patch caches the failing and the succesful
catopen() calls in a thread-safe way and in the latter case it counts
references to cached catalog.

Still, I consider it a good idea to have a static catalog descriptor in
strerror.3 and use that instead of always opening and closing the catalog.

Regards,

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer

EMAIL: gabor_at_FreeBSD.org .:|:. gabor_at_kovesdan.org
WEB:   http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gabor .:|:. http://kovesdan.org