[TESTING]: updated clang/LLVM needs testing in ClangBSD

From: Roman Divacky <rdivacky_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 20:38:34 +0200
hi,

ClangBSD was updated to LLVM/clang revision r108243 which we plan to
merge into HEAD. We would like that revision to be tested as much as possible
and therefore we ask you to test ClangBSD to assure that the revision
we are updating to does not have some really embarassing bugs.

How to do it (on i386 and amd64):

0) install fresh devel/llvm-devel port

1) svn co http://svn.freebsd.org/base/projects/clangbsd src

2) echo NO_WERROR= >> /etc/src.conf ; echo WERROR= >> /etc/src.conf

3) cd src && make buildworld

4) make installworld DESTDIR=/usr/clangbsd

5) (optional) try to build kernel with clang and boot it

	5.1) cd /sys/{arch}/conf
	5.2) config YOUR_KERNEL
	5.3) setenv CC clang in tcsh or export CC=clang in sh/bash
	5.4) cd ../compile/YOUR_KERNEL
	5.5) make && make install

please make sure that it builds (on amd64/i386) and that the resulting world
is runnable. ie. try to chroot into it and "do stuff". ie.

	chroot /clangbsd /bin/tcsh

	... stuff ...

there's a wiki page on this effort: http://wiki.freebsd.org/BuildingFreeBSDWithClang

please report back any problems/success to me and/or this mailing list.0

thank you for your testing!

Roman Divacky on behalf of the ClangBSD team