Re: Why is intr taking up so much cpu?

From: Dan Nelson <dnelson_at_allantgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 22:25:45 -0500
In the last episode (Jul 19), Doug Barton said:
> I added options KDTRACE_HOOKS to my kernel config, built a new kernel, and
> rebooted.  I decided to try your script before things went sideways so I'd
> have an idea of what to expect, and it didn't work:
>
> dtrace: failed to initialize dtrace: DTrace device not available on system
>
> Is there something else I need to do to enable it?

I think you also need WITH_CTF=yes , either in your kernel config or
directly on the make commandline.  The kernel config option should work, but
if it doesn't, it's guaranteed to work on the commandline.

http://wiki.freebsd.org/DTrace
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2010-April/016620.html

--
	Dan Nelson