Re: Why is intr taking up so much cpu?

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 11:50:28 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> Doug,
>
> could you please show your timer configuration,

Nothing special in /boot/loader.conf, /etc/sysctl.conf, or my kernel.
It's basically just GENERIC minus devices I don't have, plus the
following:

options         DDB_CTF
options         VESA
options         GEOM_BDE
device          atapicam
device          sound
device          snd_hda

Interestingly, I had a runaway intr thing again after watching a flash
video, but this time it was hdac0, not swi:4.

http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/bad-dtrace-3-hdac.txt
http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/bad-dtrace-4-hdac.txt

> part of devinfo -u that describes interrupts

Interrupt request lines:
     0 (attimer0)
     1 (atkbd0)
     3 (root0)
     4 (uart0)
     5-7 (root0)
     8 (atrtc0)
     9 (acpi0)
     10-11 (root0)
     12 (psm0)
     12 (psmcpnp0)
     13 (root0)
     14 (ata0)
     15 (ata1)
     16 (root0)
     17 (wpi0)
     18 (cbb0)
     19 (root0)
     20 (ehci0)
     20 (uhci0)
     20 (hpet0)
     21 (uhci1)
     22 (uhci2)
     23 (uhci3)
     256 (hdac0)

> and top of the output of top -SPH (including the header)
> when high interrupt load strikes?

Will do next time, thanks!

Doug

 			-- Pablo Picasso