Re: Problem with ZFS version 15

From: Alexander Best <arundel_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 18:40:12 +0000
On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 08:31:11PM -0500, Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Alexander Best <arundel_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> > how about adding a periodic script to /etc/periodic/daily to backup the information?
> >
> > the idea was raised a long time ago already, but was abandoned [1].
> >
> > cheers.
> > alex
> >

> I think that is a good idea, if you have a script to do that I would test it

ok here's a dirty dirty patch.

what i did was take the etc/periodic/daily/210.backup-aliases script and do some hacking. this is the work of 2 minutes or so. that's why the script is pretty crappy and probably plain wrong in a few cases.

however somebody else who has more time might be able to improve it. :)

changes to etc/defaults/periodic.conf and etc/periodic/daily/Makefile (or where you want the script to go) need to be hacked in by hand.

cheers.
alex