Re: current + mpt = panic: Bad link elm 0xffffff80002d6480 next->prev != elm

From: Ståle Kristoffersen <staale_at_kristoffersen.ws>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:16:59 +0200
On 2010-07-21 at 20:40, Svein Skogen (Listmail account) wrote:
> On 21.07.2010 18:33, Ståle Kristoffersen wrote:

<snip>

> > I -might- have solved my problem. It has now ran for 24h without timeouts,
> > and with a bit of load on it. I think I might have ran into the seagate +
> > NCQ-problem, even tho seagate's webpage told me my drives was not affected
> > (according to the serial numbers). I did however update the following
> > num drives       firmware
> > 6x  ST31000340AS SD15
> > 4x  ST31500341AS SD17
>
> I have 8 of the last type (31500341AS) mine running on CC1H firmware,
> connected to my MFI. Not a single glitch so far.

I also have 8 of those :) Part of my problem is that they are all connected
to a sas expander, and when one drive gets in trouble everything is reset,
so I can't see which drives is causing the problems. Thats why I flashed
every drive I could find an update for.

> > to firmware SD1B (old SD17) and SD1A (old SD15), and that looks like it has
> > done the trick. I'll report back in a week or so if the problem has not
> > reappeared.
>
> Hope it's fixed for you. I'm still keeping an eye on the MPT code to see
> if someone changes something that CAN be affecting my timeout
> issues/reset, and if I see something promising, I'm willing to dump out
> the entire server to tapes, and test run (I have sufficient spare tapes
> to actually test without losing data), but such a job will take me a
> week to prepare, and another to test. Quite a bit of time for something
> that "may" solve my problem... ;)

It still runs fine now after 6 days, so I'm optimistic :)
Not a single timeout.
Good luck with your tape drive.
--
Ståle Kristoffersen