Re: k3b causing system freeze/panic

From: Szilveszter Adam <sziszi_at_bsd.hu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:47:43 +0200
On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 01:42:30PM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm??rgrav wrote:
> Sorry, I misparsed ATA_CAM as ahci.  Why on earth would anyone want to
> use ATA_CAM these days?

Well, I am not sure if you really meant ATA_CAM and not ATAPICAM? But in
case you meant it, for people who do not use SATA-capable hardware,
ATA_CAM is useful. This laptop may be no longer be the most recent model
these days, but runs -CURRENT just fine most of the time. Also, if I
remember correctly, for people with a bit more recent controllers
ATA_CAM offers other advantages, but those do not affect me. So, for me
ATA_CAM is just a better version of the ata(4) driver...

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Budapest