Re: /tmp and swap space

From: Lucius Windschuh <lwindschuh_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:16:33 +0200
Hi "gahn".

2010/7/29 gahn <ipfreak_at_yahoo.com>:
> hi all:
>
> is it possible to create /tmp directory under swap space? under solaris, it is automatically created under swap unless one specifically instructs the system not to do so..

Yes you can, by mounting a tmpfs there. fstab line:
tmpfs                   /tmp            tmpfs   rw              0       0
It uses swap space if neccessary.

But beware: TMPFS is considered to be a highly experimental feature in FreeBSD.
Well, the word "highly" is probably exaggerated, but if I remember
correctly, there are still some rough edges (sendfile? double copies
of its content? I'm not sure). I use it on my machines without
problems.

Regards

Lucius