Re: [TESTING]: ClangBSD branch needs testing before the import to HEAD

From: Lawrence Stewart <lstewart_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 10:46:54 +1000
On 06/01/10 09:25, James R. Van Artsdalen wrote:
[snip interesting history]

> I do suggest modifying the FreeBSD build process so that uname -a shows
> the compiler and its version for both the kernel and userland.

Reading through this discussion, I wanted to draw attention to this
footnote in James' email. It sounds like a sensible and useful
suggestion that would go some way to addressing Kostik's concerns about
knowing whether a kernel bug report was related to a gcc or clang built
kernel.

Cheers,
Lawrence