Re: Yoics! Just upgraded and cc is (mostly) bus-error-ing on buildworld.

From: Andrew Reilly <areilly_at_bigpond.net.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 15:00:31 +1000
Hi Garrett,

On Mon, 31 May 2010 21:36:23 -0700
Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok... there appear to be some interesting bits here, but I'm
> curious... when was the last time that you did a build with clang, and
> did you properly clean out /usr/obj, etc since your last compile?

I don't think that I ever have (compiled with clang).  I did pull
the pieces together when Roman first suggested it, but it didn't
work then, and I need this machine to be more "up" than "down",
so I've shelved it for a while.  At that time clang also had a bug
that was a show-stopper for me, in that it wouldn't compile my
own code (compile time constant expressions with conditionals
were not recognised as constant, or something like that.)  Long
since fixed, but I don't have enough time to keep up.

I do regularly nuke /usr/obj before rebuilding.  Not always, but
often.

Cheers,

--
Andrew