Re: SUJ and "mount" reporting

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:25:00 -0400
On Monday 31 May 2010 6:44:07 am Scott Long wrote:
> On May 31, 2010, at 3:08 AM, Ivan Voras wrote:

> >> As previously stated - this is a hack to do what I think you are
> >> asking for:
> >> http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/20100309-03-mount.diff
> >
> > Yes, this looks like it...
> >
> >> Using tunefs, etc. for now would be better.
> >
> > I did use tunefs, as I've said, but I'm concerned what would happen (if
> > it can - stale kernel?) if the superblock that tunefs reads from the
> > disk and the kernel state are different.
> >

> MNT_* flags need to be deprecated, and the attributes passed in both
directions as key-value pairs.  I don't know if anyone else has thought about
this and what it means for backwards compatibility.

My understanding of nmount() is that that is what it does now.  However, not
everything is fully updated for nmount().  struct nfsargs is still passed in
as a blob value with the key "nfsargs" for example.  Presumably SUJ could be
reported the same way SU is done now.

--
John Baldwin