Re: [TESTING]: ClangBSD branch needs testing before the import to HEAD

From: Svein Skogen (Listmail Account) <"Svein>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2010 21:04:34 +0200
On 01.06.2010 20:57, Vanessa Kraus wrote:
> It's exciting that there may soon be an option other than gcc for
> FreeBSD.  However I have a few questions.  Is there going to be a system
> in place that will allow port maintainers to say "hey this port is now
> built successfully with Clang" or "hey this port only builds
> successfully with gcc"?  Is it realistic to think that gnome and kde
> could be built with Clang/LLVM now or in the future?  Do you know when
> you will be interested in being notified of arbitrary ports that wont
> build with Clang, and where should these notifications be sent?

Actually, such a system kind of already exists. It's called
"build-depends" ;)

//Svein

--
--------+-------------------+-------------------------------
  /"\   |Svein Skogen       | svein_at_d80.iso100.no
        |                   | svein_at_stillbilde.net
 ascii  |                   | PGP Key:  0x58CD33B6
 ribbon |System Admin       | svein-listmail_at_stillbilde.net
Campaign|stillbilde.net     | PGP Key:  0x22D494A4
        |msn messenger:     | Mobile Phone: +47 907 03 575
        |svein_at_jernhuset.no | RIPE handle:    SS16503-RIPE
         If you really are in a hurry, mail me at
               svein-mobile_at_stillbilde.net
 This mailbox goes directly to my cellphone and is checked
        even when I'm not in front of my computer.
                     Picture Gallery:
          https://gallery.stillbilde.net/v/svein/