Re: Running all regression tests

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 22:45:22 +0300
> It seems the p5-Test-Harness may be too simple for our
> requirements. Has anyone looked into using NetBSD's ATF
> (http://www.netbsd.org/~jmmv/atf/) in FreeBSD?

I am not sure if it makes sense to import ATF into the *base*
system, but it sure looks like a nice ports/ addition.  The work
of writing the actual test code is then going to be a bit of
extra work on top of that, but we can start doing it in small
"mini-project chunks".

I already have a few tests that I would love to convert to
something more modular like ATF:

: keramida_at_kobe:/hg/bsd/src$ hg qseries -s | fgrep regression
: regression-chmod: Add a few regression tests for chmod(1)
: regression-stdtime: Add a regression suite for libc/stdtime functions
: keramida_at_kobe:/hg/bsd/src$

If anyone is already working on an ATF package/port, I'm very
interested to help.